Developing innovative strategies using everyday language to communicate complex information.
The Communications and Marketing Team has a strong track record of maximising positive publicity opportunities and minimising the negative impact of sometimes damaging coverage. We develop innovative strategies using everyday language to communicate complex information.
We offer crisis media management, responding to media issues and enquiries and provide ‘out of hours’ and weekend emergency PR cover.
Negative issues we have dealt with include:
• School in special measures
• Teachers striking
• Birthday sweets ban
• Sexual misconduct
Proactive stories include:
• Good/outstanding Ofsted inspections
• School expansions
• Sporting achievements/ school championships
• School coming out of special measures
• Examples of education best practice
Our social media expertise has attracted the attention of our growing number of followers and we are gaining an enviable reputation for pro-active use of our accounts to head off potentially negative situations.
Schools can also access our advertising and sponsorship service and our design and print brokerage service to help them get the most from their budget. Our team has negotiated discounted advertising rates with a range of media outlets and our print and design function has a number of printers and designers at their disposal at negotiated rates.
We also offer:
• advice about engaging in the use of social media, including developing social media accounts
• advice, guidance, copywriting and proofing for newsletters, webpages, leaflets, adverts, prospectus
• creating media events eg managing photocalls and press conferences
• training your staff to handle those tricky media interviews
• consultation including designing questionnaires, advising on increasing participation, analysing and reporting the results and findings.
• writing design briefs
• Publishing newsletters (online and print)