Safeguarding children is an essential duty of all schools and it is imperative that schools have robust processes established to ensure the suitability of staff. Ofsted will closely scrutinise your Single Central Record during an inspection for accuracy and completeness. Staff responsible for setting up and / or maintaining the Single Central Record (SCR) must attend this invaluable course.
Designed to ensure that you meet the specified requirements, key areas to be covered will include:
Cost per person: £87.50. Where participants have registered and are accepted onto this training there is an expectation that if cancellation is required it is made via the website within forty eight working hours Mon-Fri of the course start time if unable to attend. Failure to cancel or to turn up will result in being charged the full cost of the place. Delegates who attend this session without booking a place will be charged £25.00 per place in addition to any course fee, providing there is sufficient room available.
- To understand the regulatory framework and best practice underpinning the format and content of the SCR
- To consider the categories of staff that should be recorded on the SCR
- To explore options around the format and content of the SCR
- To equip participants with a practical understanding of all pre-employment checks for school based staff, volunteers, contractors and agency workers
- To help participants review their own school SCR and the related pre-employment checking processes.
You may wish to bring along a copy of your single central record, minus names. Permission must be sought from the Headteacher/Governors to attend the course.
Support staff, Headteachers and Governors who have responsibility for the Single Central Record