Online Safety is an important part of safeguarding although clearly embedded within the Computing Curriculum it needs to be embedded into PSHE and all other areas of the curriculum. With constant changes and development of devices, apps and online tools, schools are constantly facing new challenges.
These network meetings are key for any Designated Safeguarding Lead or Online Safety Coordinator and will enable them to keep abreast of the latest issues and trends with technology, reports, resources and guidance documents, and support them to promote and embed Online Safety messages within their school. The meetings will provide:
Delegates will be required to bring along a laptop and iOS device / tablet to every meeting. If any additional equipment / devices are required for any of the meetings this will be added to the agenda. Next session will be 10th June 2020. Cost per person: School Improvement SLA training subscription (£67.50) or £87.50 per person. Where participants have registered and are accepted onto courses there is an expectation that cancellation is made, via the website within forty eight working hours of the course start time if they are unable to attend. Failure to cancel or to turn up will result in being charged the full cost of the place. Delegates who attend this session without booking a place will be charged £25.00 per place in additional to the course cost.
- advice and guidance on keeping policies up-to-date;
- ideas and resources to ensure schools have a progressive curriculum that is flexible, relevant and engages pupils interest;
- suggestions on how to assess the impact of the online safety curriculum;
- guidance and support on the measures schools should have in place if issues were to arise and they need to intervene;
- solutions on how to protect and educates staff and pupils in the use of different technology
- ideas and ways of to engage school community with for example appropriate use of social media.