This course will cover an introduction to exclusions and the statutory guidance, roles and responsibilities for governors, case studies, and guidance on behaviour and discipline within schools.
After attending this session you will be able to:
- To look at the responsibilities of the head teacher and school governors in the exclusion process
- To undertake some case work around theoretical exclusion scenarios.
All sessions are relevant for any category of governor, or type of school. Cost per person: Included if Governor training or support & training SLA purchased otherwise it will be £87.50 per person to attend. Where participants have registered and are accepted onto courses there is an expectation they will cancel their place, via the schoolsupport.luton.gov.uk website (within forty eight hours of the course start time) if they are unable to attend. Failure to do so will result in being charged for the delegate place. Delegates who attend this session without booking a place will be charged a £25.00 administration fee per person in addition to the course fee.
- understand the current exclusion regulations
- understand your part in the exclusion process
- understand the practical considerations which have to be taken into account when excluding pupils.