This training meets the statutory requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage and links to Luton Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) policy, procedures and includes advise from LSCB and Luton Borough Council
This is a full day single agency foundation introduction to safeguarding course for all employees who work with children across the Early Years workforce. This course must be attended before delegates can access LSCB multi agency safeguarding children training courses. The training meets the statutory requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and covers the following areas among others: Legislation:
As a result of attending this course the delegate should be able to:
- How and when to share information
- Identifying signs and symptoms of abuse
- Children’s well-being and changes in behavior
- Recording along with Identifying how to respond to inappropriate behavior being displayed by other members of staff.
The course is valid for 3 years before it will need to up updated. Designated persons are expected to update their knowledge every 2 years Cost per person: £50.00 for Luton registered PVI’s & Childminders. Where participants have registered and are accepted onto courses there is an expectation they will cancel their place, via the schoolsupport.luton.gov.uk website or will contact email@example.com (within forty eight hours of the course start time) if they are unable to attend. Failure to do so will result in being charged for the delegate place. Delegates who attend this session without booking a place will be charged £25.00 per place in addition to any course fee.
- Recognise the signs and indicators that may raise child protection concerns
- Appreciate their role and responsibilities in relation to referring and recording child protection concerns
- Identify national and local learning from relevant serious case reviews by reflecting on practice and culture
- Dismantle the myths associated with child abuse and the process of safeguarding children
- Demonstrate an awareness of the legislative framework and local procedures as they relate to safeguarding children
Update safeguarding knowledge in line with requirements
New staff: Early Years Practitioners, Children Centre Staff, Childminders/Assistants, Safeguarding Designated Officers, Nursery staff and Out of School Hour Provisions