The role of the Primary Computing Subject Leader is varied, exciting and demanding and our network meetings will support new and existing teachers in this role.
During the year, our half termly network meetings will cover the different elements within the Computing Curriculum and provide:
During the year the network meetings will also provide:
- subject knowledge support;
- ideas, guidance and resources to enhance planning;
- support for assessing the Computing curriculum;
- ideas to develop cross-curricular links.
Delegates will be required to:
- support and guidance on creating and updating strategic development plans;
- an overview of new and developing technologies;
- training and support on new and existing devices, on-line tools, programs and apps;
- updates on local and national initiatives related to the all areas of ICT and the Computing Curriculum.
There are six Primary Computing Subject Leader network sessions throughout the academic year. Each session needs to be booked separately. The dates are: Tues 10th October 2017 (am) Thurs 7th December 2017 (pm) Tues 6th February 2018 (am) Wed 21st March 2018 (pm) Mon 21st May 2018 (am) Tues 3rd July (pm) Cost per person: SLA training subscription (£67.50) or £87.50 per person. Where participants have registered and are accepted onto courses there is an expectation that cancellation is made, via the website within forty eight working hours of the course start time if they are unable to attend. Failure to cancel or to turn up will result in being charged the full cost of the place. Delegates who attend this session without booking a place will be charged £25.00 per place in additional to the course cost.
- take part in discussions and share thoughts, ideas and resources being used in their schools to support the Computing Curriculum;
- contribute to the development of new resources;
- complete school based tasks and feedback observations and findings.
Delegates will need to bring along a laptop and iOS device / tablet to every meeting. If delegates are required to bring along any additional equipment this will be added to the agenda. A more detailed agenda will be circulated prior to each meeting.
Primary Computing Subject Leaders