This new course will empower teachers to work with children to become successful readers. The new Ofsted Framework places a high priority on the progress of children with potential barriers to success in reading. Are you ready for this?
During all Ofsted inspections of Infant and Primary schools, inspectors will be focusing on how well pupils are taught to read as a main inspection activity. Is your school ready for this? This course will encourage teachers to reflect on how they currently teach reading to students and reflect on the impact this has on learning to read. Teachers will learn how to plan and teach:
Cost per person: SLA training subscription 1 credit (£67.50) Everybody else £87.50. Where participants have registered and are accepted onto courses there is an expectation that cancellation is made, via the website within forty eight working hours Mon-Fri of the course start time if they are unable to attend. Failure to cancel or to turn up will result in being charged the full cost of the place. Delegates are responsible for signing the register to log their attendance. Delegates who attend this session without booking a place will be charged £25.00 per place in additional to the course cost.
- inference, prediction, links
- practice phonics/spellings
- high frequency words
- love of reading
- Confidently understand the importance of planning and delivering a balanced literacy curriculum to children in Reception and Year One.
- Gain a deeper understanding of what students need to ensure they are successful readers
- Confidently use assessments to plan for all children to succeed in reading
Literacy Leads, EYFS Leads, EYFS Teachers and Year 1 Teachers, Teaching Assistants, NQTs